Dynamic Earth is a national educational charity with a mission of empowering everyone with understanding and empathy for the Earth. We deliver this mission through our exhibition, planetarium and through our learning and engagement programmes in Edinburgh and nationally across Scotland. We have recently published a new 10-year strategic plan – From Beginning to Mend - with a series of strategic priorities including delivering outstanding science engagement and reaching more people in more ways.
To manage Dynamic Earth’s community learning and engagement programme in support of our strategic priorities, charitable mission and purpose.
Role Summary - Working closely with the Head of Learning and Engagement, you will play an active and hands-on role in managing and delivering our community learning and engagement programmes and partnerships, which ensure Dynamic Earth provides high-quality and in-depth repeat engagement opportunities for a wide range of underserved and underrepresented audiences.
Key Results Areas:
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Educated to degree level in a STEM subject area or related discipline, or alternatively lived experience as an alternative to a formal qualification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to effectively re(prioritize) a varied workload of multiple concurrent programme areas and projects
- Line management experience including recruitment, training and development
- Experience of creating and delivering high-quality learning and engagement experiences from inception to point of delivery
- Experience of creating, maintaining, evolving and stewarding partnerships
- Experience of working with a broad range of audiences who are underserved and underrepresented in informal science learning
- Awareness and experience of implementing sector-wide community best practice
- Awareness and experience of developing evaluation methodologies
QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A pro-active, warm, enthusiastic and friendly disposition with the ability to build rapport with people quickly
- An enabling and pro-active attitude and commitment to a culture of continuous improvement
- A flexible approach which helps deliver results
- A pro-active and enabling approach to problem solving
- A reflective practitioner with the ability to reflect both on self and situation
Please send a cover letter and CV (circa 2 pages each max) to Conor Ellis – Head of Learning and Engagement – at firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are the best candidate for the position by the deadline of Sunday 24th September at 23:59.
Initial interviews for this position are expected to take place on Tuesday 3rd October 2023 and ideally take place in-person at Dynamic Earth.