About the role
We have a new and exciting opportunity as a Senior Mobility Planner, in which you will contribute to the development of strategic transport plans that increase accessibility to improved mobility, safety and sustainable intermodal transport options.
You will play a key role in the creation of well-evidenced pipelines of active travel infrastructure projects across Scotland.
The Senior Mobility Planner will work across teams and with partners to support active travel infrastructure programme development. Day-to-day tasks could include managing the continued development of the Scotland Network Planning Tool, reviewing national guidance and policy frameworks relating to Active Travel Strategies and providing strategic support for projects in the Places for Everyone programme, including balancing roadspace reallocation between sustainable modes of transport.
You’ll be joining a diverse Design, Engineering & Assurance Department, who are highly skilled, passionate about what we do and enjoy sharing our learning and experiences within the team and beyond.
You will be comfortable with building relationships with ease across a wide range of clients and stakeholders.
You are able to think strategically and confidently reviewing data analysis, including spatial datasets.
You will have a working knowledge of the principles of traffic modelling and general approaches that are commonly used, in order to interpret key outputs.
Experienced in supervising and mentoring colleagues, you will demonstrate excellent coaching and supportive skills in helping growth and development.
You will have an imaginative approach to problem-solving and experience of assisting in developing ideas for business development.
Sustrans has a long-term commitment to being a charity for everyone - reducing inequality, valuing diversity, enabling inclusion and ensuring all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
What we offer
In return we can offer true hybrid working to suit individual circumstances and a flexible, supportive and rewarding working environment.
• 28 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
• Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
• Staff volunteer days
• 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
• We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
• Group Personal Pension scheme with a 5% or 6% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
• Bike, computer and season ticket loans
• Discount benefits
• London Weighting Allowance of £4,195 for all those living within a London Borough (32 local authority districts plus the City of London)
• Death in Service benefit – 3 x annual Salary
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
• Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, 01 October 2023.
• Interviews will take place via MS Teams between the 11th – 13th October 2023
At Sustrans you'll be part of a movement to make it easier for people to walk and cycle.
We're all here to change things! You’ll be part of an incredible community of talented, passionate, creative, problem solvers all working together to change things for the better. We act locally and think big - we have a vision of a society where the way we travel creates healthier places and happier lives for everyone.
You'll be questioning the status quo and daring to imagine a different world. You'll work on exciting, impactful projects that will stretch and empower you and you'll be rewarded by seeing the difference you make to people, communities and the planet.
We believe including everyone is central to who we are and what we want to achieve, we welcome difference and pride ourselves on creating a culture where you can be yourself and where your wellness is supported.
You'll be guaranteed to make friends for life and work with a team that is incredibly flexible, supportive, ethical and fun.