The SCQF Partnership is the independent, charitable company set up to maintain and develop Scotland’s National
Qualifications Framework. We work with a wide range of awarding bodies, professional bodies and other programme
owners to ensure that a wide variety of learning is recognised on the Framework, responding to employer needs
and promoting broader learning pathways for the benefit of individuals of all ages and abilities.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Head of Development and Engagement to be part of our busy
team. If successful, you would work to deliver key messages about the benefits of the Framework to our external
audiences, whilst developing specific projects and new approaches to extending use and understanding of the
This is an exciting post which offers a unique opportunity to work at the heart of Scotland’s lifelong learning
system and to be part of national policy reform discussions.
Responsible for a small staff team (currently 3), this role requires someone who has excellent communication skills
and has significant experience of managing a team to deliver effectively. You will also have a proven track
record of working at a strategic level with Government and/or national agencies or third sector
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage, support and develop a small staff team focused on communications and development activity, focused on
achieving consistently high performance.
- Support the Chief Executive in implementing focused strategic
priorities that maximise the Framework’s impact in promoting equity in learning opportunity, Recognition of
Prior Learning and increasing awareness and application of the Framework in Scotland
- Lead the
development of new project proposals that are capable of promoting and extending the framework
implement and regularly review the Partnership’s Marketing and communications strategy
- Manage and
monitor the Communications and development activity budgets
- Oversee the management and delivery of all
marketing and communications activity, including development and review of the website, social media strategy,
E-zine and publications delivery.
- Lead on external engagement with key partners, employers and users of
the Framework and its Principles, through the operation of the SCQF Forum and delivery of conferences, workshops
and bespoke projects etc.
- Lead the Partnership’s work to continuously improve the impact of the SCQF
across a range of sectors
- Oversee the development of a range of workshops which promote understanding of
different aspects of the SCQF and its resources
- Work with policy makers in Scottish Government and its
national agencies to ensure that the SCQF supports and is supported by Scottish Government policy and
- Encourage partners and stakeholders to use SCQF terminology to describe all learning undertaken
- Work closely with the Head of Quality Assurance Review and Enhancement to deliver relevant
communication tools and workshop content including those for the Recognition of Prior
- Contribute to the leadership of the Partnership, working closely with the Chief Executive and
other Heads of Service and the wider team to secure the sustainability of the Partnership, maintaining focus and
continuing relevance to the Scottish Education and Skills landscape.
- Respond flexibly to the priorities
of our small organisation, assuming other duties as required.
The post holder will:
- Have a proven track record of working at a strategic level with Government and/or national agencies or third sector organisations
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of at least one aspect of the lifelong learning sector and its policy environment
- Have experience of managing a team effectively
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including presenting to a variety of external audiences
- Show experience of developing and implementing new partnership projects from inception to delivery, including their promotion and communication
- Have strong influencing and motivational skills
- Be a team player who enjoys working with others to find solutions collaboratively
- Have experience of performance management, review and reporting
- Have experience of external relations and partnership engagement
- Evidence a commitment to our values of integrity, quality, partnership working, inclusiveness and respect through their working life
- Be flexible and quick to respond to change and opportunities that this presents and
- Have experience of managing budgets
Interested in applying? Send your completed application form, along with covering letter and completed Equality and
Diversity form, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date is Monday 18th September 2023
Shortlisting Tuesday 19th September 2023
Calls to Interview 20th September 2023
Chemistry Interviews take place week beginning 25th September 2023
Final Interviews week beginning 2nd October 2023