About the role
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join the Partnerships Team as a Senior Project Officer. Reporting to the National Partnerships Manager at Sustrans and embedded within the Economic and Community Development Team at ScotRail, you will facilitate a strategic approach to active travel infrastructure development and delivery.
As the Senior Project Officer, you will build and manage relationships with external partners including local authorities and Regional Transport Partnerships. You will be gathering information to identify, develop and support the delivery of active travel initiatives that improve access to ScotRail stations, and establish funding opportunities to achieve this.
You will be collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to maximise the outcomes within the ‘first and final mile’ strand of ScotRail’s Active Travel strategy.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans. Candidates should be based within the geographical area within reasonable commutable distance to ScotRail’s office in Glasgow.
With the ability to build relationships with ease across a wide range of people, you will be accustomed to collaborative working and forging strong connections with Local Authorities and public sector organisations.
You will be skilled in project management, with the ability to work autonomously and take action with minimal supervision.
As a confident and resourceful self-starter, you will be skilled at influencing and motivating others at adopting new approaches and ideas.
Sustrans has a long-term commitment to being a charity for everyone - reducing inequality, valuing diversity, enabling inclusion and ensuring all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
What we offer
In return we can offer true hybrid working to suit individual circumstances and a flexible, supportive and rewarding working environment.
• 28 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
• Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
• Staff volunteer days
• 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
• We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
• Group Personal Pension scheme with a 5% or 6% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
• Bike, computer and season ticket loans
• Discount benefits
• London Weighting Allowance of £4,195 for all those living within a London Borough (32 local authority districts plus the City of London)
• Death in Service benefit – 3 x annual Salary
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
• Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, 14 August 2023
• Interviews will take place via MS Teams during the week commencing 28 August 2023
At Sustrans you'll be part of a movement to make it easier for people to walk and cycle.
We're all here to change things! You’ll be part of an incredible community of talented, passionate, creative, problem solvers all working together to change things for the better. We act locally and think big - we have a vision of a society where the way we travel creates healthier places and happier lives for everyone.
You'll be questioning the status quo and daring to imagine a different world. You'll work on exciting, impactful projects that will stretch and empower you and you'll be rewarded by seeing the difference you make to people, communities and the planet.
We believe including everyone is central to who we are and what we want to achieve, we welcome difference and pride ourselves on creating a culture where you can be yourself and where your wellness is supported.
You'll be guaranteed to make friends for life and work with a team that is incredibly flexible, supportive, ethical and fun.