GCA deliver services over 6 days per week and throughout Glasgow, East Dunbartonshire and East Renfrewshire
The Support Worker will provide safe, effective tiered support for Survivors and their families who access our services across Glasgow and are most at risk from addictions, homelessness, social isolation and poverty. The service will address health and social wellbeing, while promoting and supporting the development of trauma informed practice; guiding individuals through their healing process, introducing tools to develop coping skills and to live manageable lives.
In return for choosing to work for GCA, the benefits you will receive are:
• Very generous annual leave entitlement: full time employees start with an annual leave entitlement of 37 days (inclusive of 12 bank holidays) which increases to 38 days after 2 years, 40 days after 5 years and 42 days after 10 years length of service.
• 5 duvet days where employees may take time off at short notice.
• Death in service policy of 2 times salary.
• Cycle to work scheme where employees can save money on a new bike and spread the cost.
• Training and development commitment to help employees perform to the best of their abilities.
Glasgow Council on Alcohol is a leading provider of alcohol support and has been providing a range of award winning services across Glasgow and surrounding areas for over 50 years and has an excellent reputation for partnership working and a proven track record of helping individuals to achieve their goals.
An application pack is available for download below.
Please note: An enhanced disclosure will be required for this post. This will be arranged by GCA.
No CV’s please, submit completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAGE IN PROCESS TIMESCALE
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th June 2023
Date of shortlisting meeting to select candidates for interview: Wednesday 28th June 2023
Date of interviews: 12th July 2023
Date of appointment: ASAP