We are looking for someone pretty amazing to take on the role of Assistant Manager across all our services (children’s shop, creative workshops and Toy Library ), part time (22.5 hours per week, 3 days per week including Saturday).
This role is critical to the organisation and we are looking for someone who is skilled and experienced in the following:
• Handling payment transactions
• Ensuring that customer service is delivered in line with standards.
• Assisting customers to resolve any problems or concerns.
• Preparing and replenishing stock as required.
• Ensuring kiosk/display standards are maintained.
• Ensuring housekeeping standards are met.
• Basic visual merchandising duties.
• Maintaining health and safety standards.
• Stock management.
Lead our Dunfermline branch and assume responsibility for the management of the on-site staff, reporting weekly to the General Manager.
Leading by example, work towards continually improving standards of customer service, managing sales staff to create an engaging, proactive, efficient sales environment.
Develop new ways of promoting sales, broadening the sales range. Focus on implementing online store and online marketplace sales for the Dunfermline branch.
Handle customer complaints to a satisfactory resolution, acting on any lessons learned by implementing change to avoid further complaints. Marketing - Identify new markets and customer bases. Be involved in the use of social media to promote the work of the charity, maximizing visibility, answer customer comments/ messages, increasing awareness and levels of sales/donations.
Manage the sales and operations teams for Dunfermline (currently 3) as well as volunteer recruitment and co-ordination.
• Co-ordinate and supervise the activities of operations staff, volunteers, and work placements.
• Ensure the smooth running of the warehouse in conjunction with the van crews.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Regulations throughout the workplace, ensuring safe working practices by all members of staff.
• Ensure that all goods into the warehouse are stored in their correct designated area to minimise any potential damage and that any repairs/cleaning needs are carried out by an appropriate team member.
• Ensure that all goods out of the warehouse are managed appropriately to minimise any damage.
• Conduct regular checks/surveys on the warehouse reporting any maintenance requirements to the assistant manager / general manager.
• Support other team members of staff by collaborating with them and assisting them to improve their on-the-job skills, reporting any training needs to the assistant manager / general manager.
• Ensure deliveries and collections are conducted daily in a timely manner.
• Ensure drivers are carrying out regular vehicle maintenance checks and assist as appropriate, reporting any maintenance requirements to the assistant manager / general manager.
• Ensure drivers are restraining collected items correctly to prevent damage and/or accidents.
• Ensure drivers have appropriate breaks in accordance with driving hour regulations.
• Supervise loading and unloading of vehicles, recording any damages.
• Check incoming items match collection sheets.
• Consult with sales support staff for any specific requirements for vehicles workloads.
• Assist in driving duties as and when required.
• Work on own initiatives as part of a team to ensure that the mission of Furniture Plus is understood and always promoted.
• Assist with maintaining standards of service to customers.
• Community Engagement – be involved in the promotion of charity amongst local communities, particularly with groups who work with clients that would benefit from our help.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Experience of developing and promoting online methods of sales
• IT proficient with skills in EPOS systems, Content Management Systems, and other office tools such as Word and Excel.
• Proven track record in sales in a managerial role, managing people and customers.
• Experience in Preparing and agreeing performance management agreements and in year and end of year reports.
• Knowledge and practical experience of working in a warehouse environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a creative approach.
• Ability to deal with the physical demands of the role.
• Be sympathetic with and supportive of the aims of the charity.
The post holder may be required to perform duties appropriate to the post other than those given in this Job Description or as directed by the operations/sales co-ordinator. The duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not in themselves justify reconsideration of the grading
Working for Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland in our shops will allow you to use all your skills to meet the challenge of turning a bag of donated items into income. Retail experience is preferable, although not essential. A positive can-do attitude is what we value. If you are creative and like working with others, especially a team of loyal volunteers, apply now.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Shop Manager to support Sunday trading in our Lanark store. You’d be responsible for leading a team to engage with the community to deliver the set Key Performance Indicators. You will have the autonomy to be innovative in achieving your targets.
Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland is an organisation that takes the health and well-being of everyone seriously, including all colleagues. We have a schedule of activities and learning opportunities focused on Health and Wellbeing. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, a workplace pension scheme, paid time off for ill health and access to an employee assistance package.
As well as being a vital member of the local community, you’d be part of Scotland’s leading charity providing support to people with chest, heart and stroke conditions to live life to the full again.
CHSS also supports flexible recruitment through Working Families and we are “Happy to Talk Flexible Working”.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding, this role is subject to a Basic Disclosure check. CHSS is committed to equality of opportunity and to providing a service which is free from unfair and unlawful discrimination. We therefore aim to ensure that no applicant, volunteer or member of staff is unfairly treated on the grounds of offending background.
We’re recruiting for various locations across Scotland – you can find a role near you by visiting our website and entering your postcode.
At Co-op, we stand for something different, and we put our communities at the heart of everything we do. As a member pioneer, you'll play a key part in helping us to build stronger and fairer communities. We'll look to you to bring people together, connecting with Co-op members, colleagues, and representatives of the many local groups we support. By building these relationships, you’ll be the catalyst for new ideas, initiatives and projects that will make our communities better places to live. So, if you're passionate about making a difference, join our team and be part of our plan for a better future.
What you’ll do:
· build a strong group of contacts locally, alongside using social media to help with listening to and getting involved in community conversation
· develop an action plan to improve community wellbeing, aligned to key themes
· establish and run a local community forum, or become part of one that already exists
· prioritise your time, making your hours count and focusing on opportunities to make the biggest difference
· get activities off the ground and encourage participation from members in your community
This role would suit someone who:
· is committed, enthusiastic and has a passion for improving their community
· can inspire and motivate people through their communication style
· loves working with and connecting to people
· can prioritise their time and remain focussed on a long-term goal
· has good basic IT skills and is confident using social media
· lives within or very close to the community you’ll support, detailed above
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and in this role, you’ll have an opportunity to make a difference. You’ll also get a package that includes:
· competitive salary
· 31 days holiday including bank holidays (rising to 38 in line with service)
· discounts on Co-op products and services
· a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
· free support for your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we aim to build working environments where everyone feels welcome. Our Co-op colleague networks and inclusive development programmes help provide equal opportunities for all colleagues to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.