You will be responsible for the planning and cooking of a varied and nutritious diet for the young people, taking into account best practice in nutrition for in schools. You will be required to maintain a clean and safe kitchen.
You will be required line manage the Kitchen Assistant and carry out relevant administration including staff training, Development Discussions and recruitment.
Edinburgh Food Project provides emergency food, essentials, and support to people in crisis. Operations are managed from two warehouse units and offices, where stock donations are received and organised for delivery to seven foodbank centres across Edinburgh.
We are recruiting a cleaner to support the charity’s work at our units in Broomhouse, Edinburgh. This permanent position involves working part-time, 5 hours per week, with the potential for this to be increased should services expand to other sites. Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
The role involves cleaning two units, each containing a small warehouse space, office rooms, kitchen, toilet facilities, and a mezzanine level reached by stairs. We seek a responsible and organised individual, who takes pride in performing their work to a high standard.
FareShare Glasgow and the West of Scotland
FareShare Glasgow & The West of Scotland is run by Move On, a charity that believes we all need support at different times in our lives. For too many people a lack of opportunities is a barrier to reaching their full potential. We want to change that. As a FareShare C1 Depot Driver and Operative for FareShare Glasgow you will collect and deliver food from and to our food partners across Glasgow and the West of Scotland, as well as deliver food from our Regional Centre based at South Street, to our charity members within Glasgow and the West.
This role sits in the FareShare Operations Team and will have responsibility for collecting surplus food both on schedules and short notice. Your timely collection and delivery will ensure that more surplus food can be distributed on to charities and community groups.
• To Load the vehicle where required and check your vehicle for roadworthiness.
• To Understand the schedule and route that has been planned and calculated for you.
• Be ready to meet our food partners and charities when you collect or deliver food and/or non-food.
• Slight flexibility with start and finish times as per need and driver regulations. Working hours will ordinarily be Monday to Friday 8am until 5pm each day weekend work may be required.
• Drive safely, responsibly and within the law, reporting any incidents that may affect the vehicles roadworthiness.
• Be courteous and demonstrate FareShare’s equality and diversity policy.
• Complete all necessary paperwork.
• Support depot team in preparing orders for collection and delivery.
• Driver age at least 25 years
• Full clean UK driving licence with at least a 7.5 Tonne / C1 class licence entitlement
• A valid DQC (CPC card) and digital tachograph card
• Physically capable as heavy lifting will be involved
• Eligibility to work in UK
• Commitment to gain Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
• Forklift Truck Licence preferred but full training can be given to right candidate
Skills and Attributes
• Safe and courteous driver
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Must possess a positive and professional attitude
• Able to take initiative and use common sense
• Can stay clam under pressure
• Team player willing to adopt a flexible approach to daily tasks and activities
• Commitment to FareShare’s Equality & Diversity ethos
• Prompt and works independently
We require an enthusiastic and creative cook to provide nutritious home cooked meals for our members.
If you want a role where you can make a real difference to the lives of older people and work with a great team then we want to hear from you.
Dundee & Angus Foodbank is a Christian charity committed to a hunger-free future and supporting people out of poverty. The Hub Coordinator will lead the activity of Community Hub, which is scheduled to open in June 2023. Dundee & Angus Foodbank is affiliated to The Trussell Trust network and this role sits within their Pathfinders programme locally, which will be led by the Pathfinder Lead. The successful applicant will report to the Pathfinder Lead, who will be a new recruit.
We seek a warm individual with experience of working in or managing a café as part of a voluntary organisation or with transferrable skills. This person will require the sensitivity to work with people experiencing poverty. Good coordination and administrative skills as well as an understanding of foodbanks and poverty are desirable. This is a senior leadership post with a genuine occupational requirement (GOR) that the successful applicant be a person of active Christian faith.
Please download the job description below for further information about the role.
Would you like to join our board?
We are looking for new trustees to help LifeCare in its great work supporting local older people.
LifeCare is at an exciting stage in its development and we are looking for Trustees who will passionately inform our services bringing new skills and experience to help lead the organisation.
We are particularly (but not exclusively) interested in individuals with experience in the following fields:
Most of all, we are looking for people with lived experience of care, or as an unpaid carer, to help strengthen our capacity to better embed the voice of the people who use our services at Board level.
Can you help us? We are looking for people who share our values, that are passionate and committed about supporting local older people, who can be creative in building our profile and work closely with our team and stakeholders to deliver outstanding person-centred services to our clients.
The Board usually meets in the evenings (either in-person or via Zoom). The role is non-remunerated however reasonable expenses will be reimbursed and training / ongoing support will be provided. If you have any questions or would like a quick chat to find out more, please contact our chair email@example.com.