Enable Cares provide high quality, self-directed health and social care support for adults, young people and children throughout Scotland. We have a new opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Service Manager to join us in Orkney, to take a lead role in continuing to improve the quality of services we provide.
We are seeking a social care professional with real passion, drive and vision, to effectively lead local Team Facilitators (Team Leaders) to manage our frontline support staff (Personal Assistants).
This role is pivotal to the success of our mission and ambition to support people to lead the lives of their choosing; lives that are full, meaningful and inclusive. A successful Service Manager will lead their teams to develop and maintain good relationships and communications with the family and Social Care professionals involved in the lives of the people we support.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Significant experience of leading and managing Supported Living Services.
• Experience of managing teams with knowledge of culture change.
• A commitment to the inclusion of people with a learning disability.
• An in-depth understanding of the Self Directed Support Act and its principles.
• SVQ level 4 or the ability to work towards the relevant qualification required for your SSSC registration.
• A clear understanding of the need to build and sustain partnerships with stakeholders, commissioners and other third sector providers.
• The ability to lead our business strategy at a local level whilst promoting ENABLE Scotland with an emphasis on growing our business.
• Full driving licence with access to your own vehicle for business use.
At Enable we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities. These include, but are not limited to:
We also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:
Starting a career with Enable is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for everyone.
Enable is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
Note: The successful applicant will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of their start date.
*Terms and Conditions Apply