Do you like inspiring people? Do you want a job that makes a real difference? Are you outgoing and ready to engage with young people in charitable work?
This is a practical role working with young people, seeing them grow with your guidance & support. We are looking for a dynamic person able to build and develop our volunteer team.
S.H.I.P Charity is dedicated to providing transformative experiences for children with additional support needs. Our mission is to create inclusive and engaging clubs where every child can thrive, learn, and have fun. We are seeking a Volunteering Coordinator to join our team and help us make a positive impact in the lives of these exceptional children.
As the Volunteering Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in recruiting, training, and supporting our team of dedicated volunteers. Your commitment to inclusivity will help us maintain a vibrant atmosphere where children can explore, learn, and build friendships. Your key responsibilities will include:
Volunteer Recruitment:Identify volunteer needs and develop strategies to attract volunteers who are passionate about working with children with additional support needs.
Training and Development: Create and implement comprehensive training programs that equip volunteers with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide exceptional support to our club members.
Volunteer Engagement: Foster a strong sense of community among volunteers by organising regular meetings, appreciation events, and opportunities for them to share their experiences and insights.
Scheduling and Coordination: Coordinate volunteer schedules for various club activities, ensuring that each session is adequately staffed and that volunteers are matched with roles that align with their skills and preferences.
Support and Supervision: Provide ongoing support to volunteers during club sessions, addressing any concerns or challenges that arise and ensuring a safe and inclusive environment for all. Support and encourage volunteers with Duke of Edinburgh and Saltire awards.
Data Management: Maintain accurate records of volunteer information, attendance, and feedback. Use this data to continually improve our volunteer programs and ensure compliance with Care standards and grant funding requirements.
Service support: During our holiday clubs you will be required to play an active role in service and be onsite to support volunteers.
Charity Support:Take an active role in promoting charity services and fundraising
- Previous experience in volunteer coordination, community engagement, or related roles.
- Passion for working with children and promoting inclusivity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect and engage with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Collaborative team player who can work closely with staff, volunteers, and families.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of the challenges faced by children with additional support needs and their families is a plus.
- Confident to speak to groups and give presentations.
- Experience with fundraising and social media campaigns – preferable
- Full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle - preferable