Our story began almost 20 years ago. It started with a desire to help people facing a range of pregnancy crises, including pregnancy loss and post-abortion trauma. Choices Aberdeen became a Scottish Registered Charity and Limited Company in August 2006. We later began ‘Relationship Revolution’, our youth program. We believe that by investing in young people, and giving them opportunities to think about their choices when it comes to sex and relationships, we can have a hugely positive impact on our city for generations to come. Choices Aberdeen is an organisation with a Christian ethos. This is our inspiration for loving unconditionally and serving the needs of the most vulnerable in our city. We serve people regardless of race, religion, gender, or sexual choices, respecting the identity and choices of all those we work with.
The Role: Youth Development Worker
We are seeking a values-driven, passionate, organised youth worker with an appetite for experimentation, learning and improvement to support our Relationship Revolution project. The role requires 15-18 hours a week and may require some weekend work as we continue to develop our youth work program.
As a Development Worker (Youth) at Choices Aberdeen, you will play a central role in delivering high-quality Relationship Revolution materials to support and empower young people to make positive choices in our partner schools across the city.
Do you have the people skills and the professional and personal experience to build meaningful connections with young people from disadvantaged communities? Do you have a passion for empowering and building resilience skills to enable our young people to flourish in any circumstances? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to combine your values, interests and skills to make a real difference.
There is an occupational requirement for applicants to be a practising Christian and this post is subject to satisfactory references (including one from Church leader/pastor) and PVG membership (or willingness to obtain PVG membership)An Occupational Requirement exists for the post-holder to be a Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
In return, we offer:
· Competitive pay, benefits (including flexible working (outwith school term time) and pension
· Generous annual leave (6 weeks pro rata plus 2 weeks during Christmas and New Year)
· Outstanding training and learning opportunities and the support to flourish in your role
· open plan office space and facilities in our office base
· an open culture and workplace with colleagues who share our values, enjoy their work and are motivated to do their utmost for young people
· the opportunity to work in a small organisation making a big impact to the young people in disadvantaged communities in Aberdeen
A full Job Description and Person Specification is available for download below.