Charity registered in Scotland SC032833
Lead our Dunfermline branch and assume responsibility for the management of the on-site staff, reporting weekly to the General Manager.
Leading by example, work towards continually improving standards of customer service, managing sales staff to create an engaging, proactive, efficient sales environment.
Develop new ways of promoting sales, broadening the sales range. Focus on implementing online store and online marketplace sales for the Dunfermline branch.
Handle customer complaints to a satisfactory resolution, acting on any lessons learned by implementing change to avoid further complaints. Marketing - Identify new markets and customer bases. Be involved in the use of social media to promote the work of the charity, maximizing visibility, answer customer comments/ messages, increasing awareness and levels of sales/donations.
Manage the sales and operations teams for Dunfermline (currently 3) as well as volunteer recruitment and co-ordination.
• Co-ordinate and supervise the activities of operations staff, volunteers, and work placements.
• Ensure the smooth running of the warehouse in conjunction with the van crews.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Regulations throughout the workplace, ensuring safe working practices by all members of staff.
• Ensure that all goods into the warehouse are stored in their correct designated area to minimise any potential damage and that any repairs/cleaning needs are carried out by an appropriate team member.
• Ensure that all goods out of the warehouse are managed appropriately to minimise any damage.
• Conduct regular checks/surveys on the warehouse reporting any maintenance requirements to the assistant manager / general manager.
• Support other team members of staff by collaborating with them and assisting them to improve their on-the-job skills, reporting any training needs to the assistant manager / general manager.
• Ensure deliveries and collections are conducted daily in a timely manner.
• Ensure drivers are carrying out regular vehicle maintenance checks and assist as appropriate, reporting any maintenance requirements to the assistant manager / general manager.
• Ensure drivers are restraining collected items correctly to prevent damage and/or accidents.
• Ensure drivers have appropriate breaks in accordance with driving hour regulations.
• Supervise loading and unloading of vehicles, recording any damages.
• Check incoming items match collection sheets.
• Consult with sales support staff for any specific requirements for vehicles workloads.
• Assist in driving duties as and when required.
• Work on own initiatives as part of a team to ensure that the mission of Furniture Plus is understood and always promoted.
• Assist with maintaining standards of service to customers.
• Community Engagement – be involved in the promotion of charity amongst local communities, particularly with groups who work with clients that would benefit from our help.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Experience of developing and promoting online methods of sales
• IT proficient with skills in EPOS systems, Content Management Systems, and other office tools such as Word and Excel.
• Proven track record in sales in a managerial role, managing people and customers.
• Experience in Preparing and agreeing performance management agreements and in year and end of year reports.
• Knowledge and practical experience of working in a warehouse environment.
• Ability to demonstrate a creative approach.
• Ability to deal with the physical demands of the role.
• Be sympathetic with and supportive of the aims of the charity.
The post holder may be required to perform duties appropriate to the post other than those given in this Job Description or as directed by the operations/sales co-ordinator. The duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not in themselves justify reconsideration of the grading
Furniture Plus is the largest furniture re-use, recycling and repair organisation in Fife and has continued to grow steadily since its inception in December 2001. Our main aim is to combat poverty and social exclusion, especially homelessness, through our core business activity of re-using, recycling and repairing furniture and other household goods that may otherwise have gone to landfill, benefitting local communities, both socially and environmentally, whilst generating core income to sustain the project. We work throughout Fife, operating from 2 locations in Dysart and Dunfermline.
2020 was a challenging year for the charity with substantial losses incurred due to the closure of our stores due to restrictions. During this time we relaunched our website to include an online store.
We now require someone to take our sales forward both online and in store. The role will also assume responsibility for the operations team, overseeing the logistics and warehouse areas.
The role will support the General Manager in ensuring the charity maintains its core aim.
This is therefore a busy and challenging role that will require a broad range of skills, knowledge and experience.
You will work closely with the General Manager to implement some new identified sales initiatives, as well as come up with your own.
In operations you will oversee the warehouse goods in and out, working with the logistics lead to ensure the smooth running of the department.
You will work under the guidance and direction of the General Manager and Board of Directors, for delivering against an agreed set of objectives and targets to ensure a high quality performance in all aspects of the business through the smooth, safe and efficient running of all activities including management and support of all staff, volunteers, placements and the effective utilisation of all facilities.