HairDreams Glasgow CIC (HDG) is looking to recruit a community development worker to lead and develop our community
About HairDreams Glasgow
HDG is Scotland's most unique specialist training salon. Based in Glasgow’s Finnieston area, HDG launched in
September of 2020, offering Afrocentric hair solutions, training, and floor experience. Furthermore, we
facilitate community groups for those passionate about styling and learning all there is to know about Afro
HDG is more than just hair care. It allows us to connect with other passionate people, while fostering a sense of
community, and providing a comfortable and safe space within a salon environment! HDG is underpinned by a
community spirit that supports the running of the business.
The Afro Hair Training Salon is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Community Development Worker to join our
team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing community-based programs and
initiatives that support the salon's mission of promoting hair care and empowerment for the black
- Design, implement, and evaluate community-based programs focused on hair care education
- and empowerment
for the black community.
- Organise and facilitate workshops and events to educate and engage the
community in the salon's mission and services.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships
with community organizations, stakeholders, and businesses that serve the black community.
- Develop and
leverage social media and other marketing strategies to raise awareness and engage the community with the
- Monitor and report on program outcomes, ensuring that goals and objectives are
being met and adjusted as needed.
- Provide regular updates and reports to salon management and
stakeholders on program progress and outcomes.
- Identify and address barriers that prevent community
members from accessing the salon's services and resources.
- Manage the onboarding process of
- Support the training and development of the salon's staff to effectively engage, educate,
and empower the community.
- Bachelor's degree in community development, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in community development, program management, or a related field required.
- Experience working with black communities and an understanding of afro hair care.
- Strong communication, networking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
- Goal-oriented and able to manage and prioritise multiple projects.
- Knowledge of and experience with social media and marketing strategies.
- If you are passionate about community development and haircare and want to make a positive impact on the black community, we encourage you to apply for this position.