Change Mental Health is a leading national mental health charity providing unique support to people with severe and enduring mental ill health. With over 50 years’ experience across Scotland, we believe people affected by poor mental health and illness deserve the highest quality of support in the community and that every person has the right to be valued and to share in the opportunities, challenges, and joys of everyday life.
As a Senior Practitioner, I take responsibility for my own work and have a responsibility in assisting or supervising others in the team to achieve the overall team/service outcomes. I work autonomously being able to judge when I refer to my Manager and I have a lead role in developing my part of the service/project.
I am responsible for one to one support including carrying a case load and developing and
reviewing personal support plans; I work autonomously being able to judge when I refer to my
Manager and I take a lead role in developing the service.
I work mainly on a one to one basis in the community, and/or in people’s homes; and I may support group and other activities in the Change Mental Health Resource Centre – although one to one support is my main focus.
I support the Locality Manager, Service Manager or Area Manager in their strategic role to meet national and funder criteria. I work l closely with partners in the community to identify gaps in the service where they arise and implement solutions in partnership with my line manager.
· I work closely with the Locality Manager, Service Manager or Area Manager to achieve strategic outcomes
· I compile and review service user development plans ensuring outcomes are being achieved
· I establish supportive relationships with each individual, encouraging individual responsibility and decision-making to maximise choice, control and self-management
· I ensure that people I support are connected to other Change Mental Health services in the area as appropriate
· I provide advice and guidance to new or less experienced employees in my own area of responsibility
· My focus is ensuring continuity of service within the context of Change Mental Health values and strategic outcomes
· I ensure that careful and ongoing review systems are in place and maintained
· I build positive working relationships with local partners to better support our service users and to promote the work of Change Mental Health
· I develop new services/approaches in response to unmet need
· I collate information and prepare agency reports for line management as required
· I have a lead role to oversee that all Health and Safety responsibilities within practice settings are fulfilled
Professional development including funded opportunities.
A generous 37 days’ holiday.
A 35-hour working week, enhanced sick pay & season ticket loan.
A great work life balance with flexible and blended working environment.
24/7 access to an award-winning Employee Assistance Programme providing free legal, financial and medical advice as well as support with life’s challenges.
Enhanced sick pay and leave entitlements
Paid Mental Wellbeing Days
Cycle to Work Scheme
Blue Light Discount Card
Application deadline 30/11/2023