Main Purpose of the job
To provide capacity building and infrastructure development support to ethnic minority (EM) third sector
organisations in the Glasgow City Council area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with EM organisations across Glasgow and provide infrastructure and capacity building support based on
- To use the CEMVO Scotland diagnostic toolkit (DTK) to conduct an initial analysis of the
organisation producing a report with recommendations to further capacity.
- To co-produce an action plan
based on priority areas and execute the action plan with the organisation
- To evidence and collate a
‘portfolio’ for each organisation to document their journey.
- To provide appropriate training based on
need to further the organisation’s capacity
- To attend networking meetings and strategic development
forums to ensure issues facing EM organisations and communities are highlighted
- To develop close working
links with funders, statutory and public bodies to identify opportunities for ethnic minority third sector
organisations to attract funding.
- To contribute to monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure that
the capacity building programme is running to schedule and meeting targets.
- Provide regular project
progress updates to line management.
- To encourage co-operative and joint working within the EM third
sector and to work with organisations to assist them in promoting good management practices.
contribute to the development of the CEMVO Scotland third sector databases as appropriate.
- To work
evenings and weekends on an occasional basis as required.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may
be required from time to time and which are compatible with the main purpose of the post and its level of
- To provide regular and end of year reports to the line management and to funders when
- Knowledge and at least 2 years’ experience of providing capacity building support within the third sector – such
as business planning, marketing, funding application support, robust financial systems, good
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Good written communication / report
- Experience in designing and delivering capacity skills training in good governance,
business planning and marketing
- Knowledge and experience of the funding arena in Scotland and experience
with submitting project proposals to funders
- Excellent self-management skills, working to tight
deadlines, demonstrable experience in managing a portfolio of clients/organisations over a
- Commitment to the development of the ethnic minority third sector, as well as a good
understanding of race equality and issues affecting the sector
- Ability to network and advocate for EM
communities and organisations
- Successful track record of achieving positive outputs in managing
- Good organisational and IT skills
- Proficiency in using online meeting platforms such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
Application Packs can be requested at: email@example.com,
If you would like more information about the post, please email Shaista Asghar on
Completed applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 31st March 2023