It’s crucial that we create a positive experience for all our volunteers, and we are passionate about inspiring more
people to join us. To help us grow and develop our volunteering programme, we are recruiting a Volunteering
You’ll be joining a dynamic team of values-driven professionals, passionate about inspiring people to make a
meaningful impact on the lives of the people we support.
You will coordinate all of Blue Triangle’s volunteering initiatives and projects. You will support the delivery of
volunteer recruitment campaigns, training requirements and methods of reward and recognition in order to deliver
Blue Triangle’s mission of Empowering People to Thrive.
Your passion for volunteering, coupled with your outstanding organisational skills will allow you to develop and
manage the volunteer programme. Your attention to detail and commitment to providing exemplary customer service
will mean that every enquiry is handled professionally and timeously.
You will be a confident presenter with a track record of building positive relationships with both internal and
If you’re an enthusiastic team-player, with a strong work ethic and passion for volunteering, we’d love to hear from
To lead, develop and deliver Blue Triangle’s volunteering strategy and coordinate volunteering opportunities across
the organisation. Work with the Communication and Engagement Manager to put in place lived experience/peer
supported volunteering and public volunteering across Blue Triangle, including into our emerging Connected
Community Models, in each local authority area.
Main duties & responsibilities
Planning and Promotion
- Promote Blue Triangle’s volunteer efforts, and its accomplishments internally and externally.
and develop new volunteer roles and programmes to increase diversity and encourage deeper involvement in our
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners and stakeholders and attend local network
- Develop and deliver a communications plan to ensure volunteers are involved in, and informed
about, the organisation, projects and activities.
- Develop and deliver events and activities to recognise
volunteer effort and ensure they feel valued.
- Lead the teams of volunteers, integrating them into the
organisation and provide line management, support, supervision, mentoring and appraisal (where
- Coordinate and process all PVGs for volunteers who engage with Blue Triangle.
- Ensure all volunteers are
aware of and follow company policies and procedures while representing Blue Triangle.
- Keep up to date
with local and national strategies, as well as current legislation relevant to volunteering e.g. GDPR,
Safeguarding, and other regulations
- Assess organisational needs in collaboration with service managers to determine the number and range of
volunteers needed for each service.
- Work with service managers to create role descriptions for all
volunteer positions and opportunities.
- Coordinate all volunteer recruitment and design engaging
promotional campaigns and materials.
- Be a point of contact for all volunteers and providing guidance and
responding to queries.
- Regularly meet with volunteers to assess their progress, satisfaction,
suggestions and improvements.
- Develop and coordinate policies and procedures for volunteer development,
including onboarding, training, employability and work placements.
- Cultivate a positive and supportive
atmosphere by recognising volunteer efforts.
Monitoring, Evaluating and Record Keeping
- Maintain accurate, compliant and up to date records of volunteers.
- Develop and deliver monitoring and
evaluation plans and report on progress of volunteering activities. Attend relevant meetings, seminars and
networking events and to present to external bodies on a range of related topics.
- Prepare regular
reports as required.
- Attend and contribute to relevant internal and external meetings as agreed with the Head of
- Prepare for and attend supervision sessions/team meetings/ management team meetings as
- Keep up to date with local and national strategies, as well as current legislation relevant
to volunteering e.g. GDPR, Safeguarding, and other regulations.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Carry out any other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and
development of Blue Triangle’s volunteering.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values of
- Passionate about delivering a professional and value-add volunteering programme.
- Excellent organisational skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and control own workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous/current experience of working in a similar role (this is essential).
- Ability to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent MS Office skills in particular Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships throughout Blue Triangle.
- You will be a great team member: you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other but has fun along the way.
Please send your CV and cover letter with the subject reference VLCS1022 to email@example.com by 12
noon on the 4th October 2022.