The aim of this post is to
• plan, organise and coordinate all ASH volunteering recruitment, opportunities, activities and training
• manage and support ASH volunteers
• take forward casework and representation for asylum seekers requiring help with housing and other related issues
• signpost asylum seekers to other services in CIS and other organisations as required
• contribute to ideas and activities for campaigning for asylum seekers
• coordinate the data collection and reporting for the ASH project and contribute to reports to funders about the Project
• liaise with, service and report to the ASH Planning Group as required.
Community InfoSource has been working, since 2006, with marginalised people to overcome the barriers they face to integration, and support them to put their own ideas into action. Seven of our nine directors have lived experience of the asylum and immigration system and others have worked in this field. CIS has secured funding for this job from the Scottish Government’s New Scots Refugee Integration fund, Agnes Hunter Trust and Baillie Gifford Foundation.
Responsible to: W-ASH Project
A link to the job information is here infosource.org.uk/jobs.html Phone: 07734 742 900 for more information
Closing date for applications: Friday 4 March at 12 noon
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 16 March
Applications to: email@example.com with “Confidential and ASH Volunteer Coordinator and Caseworker” in the heading.
Completed applications forms are required (CVs are not accepted).