LifeCare Edinburgh is a registered charity (SC012641) with a proud history of supporting local older people for over
80 years. Our vision is a city where no older person is alone or isolated, where they can thrive, and are active
members of their communities. Our mission is to ensure that every older person receives the best possible care,
companionship, and advice they need to live well and independently in their own homes for longer.
Through our relationship-based approach we support local older people (50+) who are living with dementia, in
isolation, with reduced mobilities, mental health concerns and those managing on low-incomes. We also provide
dedicated support for unpaid carers and run a busy community hub which provides significant social value.
LifeCare operates with a team of over 70 staff supporting over 1,000 local older people a year. All our care costs
are subsidised through our fundraising efforts. We are working hard to deliver as much free care as we can for
those that need it including free meals on wheels, free social activity groups, free mobile hairdressing for
those living with dementia and our community café currently operates as a welcoming warm space offering free hot
food and activities for those struggling with the rising cost of living.
We need to grow our fundraising team so that we can grow the charity’s capacity to increase the reach of our care
services and help us continue to subside as many of our services as needed to help those struggling on low
incomes. Across the last 12-months LifeCare has generated over £250K through its fundraising but there are many
untapped areas to be developed and this new role will play a pivotal part in the growth of new and existing
The role will work across all income streams – individual and community giving, corporate partnerships, trusts, major
donors, and legacies with a strong focus on fundraising administration, supporter care and the coordination of
fundraising materials and resources. The post holder will also be involved in research to find new funding
sources and prospects.
- Work alongside the Fundraising and Communications Manager to extend and develop our income generating activities
across a wide range of income streams: appeals, legacy fundraising, regular giving, donor acquisition and
supporting those in the organisation to get actively involved with the charity’s fundraising. Contributing to
the Overall Fundraising Team Target of £300K per annum
- Maintain administrative systems, fundraising CRM,
and databases, keeping up-to-date records of opportunities, applications, results and reporting
- Working alongside colleagues to deliver a series of local community events designed to increase
the profile of the charity’s activities and support the organisation’s fundraising targets.
evaluate and identify learning points from each area of activity
- Conducting detailed, compliant
research, including identifying new potential high-value supporters and income streams
- Contribute to the
administration and stewardship of donors to coordinate and improve supporter care journey.
- Work with the
Marketing and Communications Coordinator to develop and update fundraising materials and resources including
website, socials, email newsletters, printed materials and presentations. Ensuring that a donate now facility is
prominent across all relevant communication materials.
- Be the first point of contact for all fundraising
enquiries, responding promptly to all supporters.
- This is a new role and will require some flexibility,
within the day-to-day role, to help ensure the charity delivers on its new organisational strategy.
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, driven and committed to our cause. We hope to engage someone who
understands the changing needs of older people and who can demonstrate that they are passionate about making a
positive difference to an older person’s life.
- We seek applicants who have experience of working in
fundraising across different income streams with a particular interest in individual, corporate and legacy
giving. Experience of managing and delivering against budgets, reporting on KPIs, and reforecasting
- The ideal candidate will possess good research and analytical skills, with the ability to
contribute to the development of new prospects and funding pipelines.
- The successful applicant will be
able to develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, manage deadlines and
- You will be flexible, able work well on your own and as part of a team.
- Substantive experience working in fundraising and ability to demonstrate sound knowledge of fundraising landscape.
- Can easily evidence fundraising results against targets
- Experience using mainstream fundraising database such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or other CRM with transferable skills
- Ability to relate and respond rapidly to stakeholders appropriately
- Highly organised and detail oriented.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Understanding and appreciation of the changing needs of older people
- Team player and ability to make connections with others.
Please send a tailored covering letter and up to date CV to email@example.com. Please ensure
that your application demonstrates how you meet the criteria. You may include voluntary, unpaid, and paid
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation about the role before this, please contact
All applications should be submitted by 14th April 2023
Interview dates: 2nd and 4th May