MCR Pathways is a national award-winning charity dedicated to addressing the long-standing inequality in education outcomes, career opportunities and life chances for young people in care and those experiencing vulnerability or disadvantage. We recruit volunteer mentors who spend an hour a week during term time meeting with young people in schools. Our mentoring has profound impacts on young people, boosting their confidence, improving wellbeing and encouraging achievement and post-school progression. MCR Mentors make and experience a life changing difference to over 4,000 young people from across the country.
We’re expanding our team so that we can support even more young people. We're looking for a Mentor Services Coordinator for Argyll & Bute to manage and engage with all mentors from when they first register an interest in mentoring, through their 1 to 1 interview, training and ultimately being matched with a young person in an Argyll & Bute school.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, resilience and empathy, administration experience, be highly organised, and have solid desktop and database skills with a real attention to detail.
Key tasks will include:
- Providing excellent customer service to mentors, volunteers and partners using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ensuring all our volunteer mentors are personally supported and engaged at every stage of their mentor journey
- Planning and managing information sessions, conduct mentor one-to-one conversations and facilitate mentor training sessions face to face and virtually
- Consistently and meticulously update our mentor database providing reports and information to ensure an accurate and up to date record of our mentor recruitment activity.
- Be a passionate champion of the MCR programme participating in local networks to raise awareness of MCR and increase mentor recruitment
Closing Date: Wednesday 27th September 2023 at 5pm